The institution of The Sacrament of Communion took place during Passover season in the upper room. It was at this Passover celebration "the feast of unleavened bread" that Our Lord broke bread and said, "take, eat; this is My body."
Since in the celebration of the Passover there is such awareness of leaven (yeast) we have chosen not to add yeast to the fermentation process of our wines. Our feeling is that the wine in use in those days used natural fermentation and therefore, so should we. Often in scripture yeast is used with a negative connotation. However, we also observe in the New Testament that Jesus says "the Kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened." In acknowledgement of both uses in scripture, the 2004 “Reminisce” has been created as an exception. “Reminisce” symbolizes the harmony of both truths. 70% of the grapes used for 2004 “Reminisce” were fermented traditionally using natural fermentation. This represents the Passover tradition of “no yeast". The remaining 30% was fermented by adding cultured wild yeast to remind us of the teaching of Jesus regarding “the Kingdom Of Heaven." Thus the symbols of the Old and New Testaments were both incorporated in 2004 "Reminisce".